home tutorials features parties custom orders

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pattern Anthology Parisian Top

My friends at Pattern Anthology have outdone themselves this time, and I was lucky enough to be a tester for one of the designs--the Parisian Top!


The Parisian Top pattern is a design creation from Andrea at Go To Patterns.  She is one of the four fabulous designers behind Pattern Anthology, and this time, the ladies developed a set of patterns just for women!  It's called Just Add Jeans, and the collection was just released for sale a couple of days ago.

The collection of 4 women's top patterns will be available at a discounted price for just 2 weeks before the designers sell them individually at the pattern's full retail price.  To learn all about the Just Add Jeans collection, be sure to visit the Pattern Anthology website.

Testing for the Parisian Top was a few weeks ago, so I have been enjoying my stylish new top for a while now.  So glad I can finally share it with you all!


This top is made using a sweater knit remnant I bought forever ago at Joann Fabric and Craft Stores, and the collar is sewn from black ponte knit with no interfacing.  The fabrics are so soft and comfy that this has become one of my favorite tops to wear.

The Parisian is so on trend with the peter pan collar, 3/4 length banded sleeves, and loose banded waist. Oh, and it has a few gathers at the top of the sleeve which give it the most perfect feminine touch.

I honestly believe a beginner could sew this with no problems, especially since the Go To Pattern instructions include tons of tips for sewing with knit including how to test the stretch and recovery of your knit fabric.  Also, the diagrams and sketches show you step-by-step how to assemble the top.  Using my serger for almost all of the sewing, I think I finished the top in just over an hour!


It's usually hard for me to finally sew a piece of clothing for myself, but because I'm so happy with the fit of the Parisian, I'll definitely be making a few more for Spring.

Be sure to check out the Pattern Anthology Just Add Jeans collection where you can get the Parisian Top plus 3 other terrific women's top patterns for a steal!

And if you haven't already, be sure to enter my sewVery 1,500+ Facebook Likes--Thank You Giveaway that ends this coming Saturday, March 15th, at midnight!


Have fun sewing!

5 comments:

  1. Great Pictures!!! - Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your top is so cute! I love the solid collar with the printed knit. I just made the Parisian and I agree that the fit is perfect. I will have to look into ponte knit as I keep reading about it, but have never sewn with it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this top and had this fabric. Unfortunately, I used it on a wadder. I loved that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely top, and absolutely gorgeous photos. I'm hoping to make my first Parisian this weekend, so please send some of your sewing magic and good vibes my way.
    Love your work,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelley! How did your Parisian top turn out? I did my best to send you some sewing magic! I'm thinking of making another one this week, so I may need some in return!

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!