home tutorials features parties custom orders

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Baby Gift--A Year Late!


A few days ago my husband reminded me that we never gave his co-worker a baby shower gift last year when his daughter was born!  I have no idea why we never bought his little baby girl a gift, but we thought it was better late than never to deliver one now.

Since it was a baby girl, I decided I would try and whip up a cute little peasant dress and matching bloomers.  My husband actually asked his co-worker what size the little girl is wearing now--not a conversation you hear very often between men--and according to my husband's intel, the one-year-old is already wearing a 2T!

So, I searched through my growing collection of patterns and found this cutie that includes an A-line top and pair of bloomers--a vintage 1960's pattern, Simplicity 6990--and the copy I have is actually in a size 2!

Simplicity 6990 Girls 1960s Sundress Pattern in Two Lengths with Panties Simple To Sew Jiffy Childrens Vintage Sewing Pattern Breast 22

This is the only bloomers pattern in my collection, and since it was in the correct size, I went with it, but I decided I could make a peasant dress much faster than this A-line dress with facings and all.  I'll tackle making this top another day!

Anyway, I love how both pieces came out.  I hope they fit!




Back
Front









And since this week was the start of the Shorts on the Line event, I've now got one pair of shorts to hang on the line!


This time next week, I'll be guest blogging for the event over at Small + Friendly.  I've got a really cute pair of scalloped edge shorts to share with you, plus a tutorial so you can make your own!  Make sure you follow along and find some inspiration to make a great pair of shorts!  I might just make a few more shorts for Ella this month, too!


shorts on the line button

6 comments:

  1. What a precious little dress! I really like the vintage pattern, I remember having dresses just like that when I was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Veronica and as always, you choose gorgeous fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Veronica, gorgeous, love the fabric, did you buy it from Hobby Lobby, it looks familiar, what a lucky gift for your husbands coworker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I really like your labels too... Where did you get them from?
    xoxo
    Heather
    www.HeatherlyLoves.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading what you think about my post!